🔒 Security Tips
- Never share your seed phrase with anyone (also called mnemonic)
- Never share your private keys
- Never share your passwords
- Never share your screen if you have your QR codes up (example QR code in Metamask)
- Team and captains will NEVER ask for funds, keys, passwords, etc…
- Unverified contracts are risky, take caution interacting with them. Would you go to a bank a sign a contract that you can’t read?
- DYOR (Do Your Own Research)
- Seed phrase: Generated randomly when you create a wallet account, which is unique, and serves to generate addresses.
- Private key: A hash that is used as the key to your wallet, looks like a random set of letters and numbers.
- Contract: The code that is deployed on the blockchain at an address, these can be verified or unverified.
- Verified Contract: Source code of the deployed contract has been submitted and verified.
- Unverified Contract: Source code has not been submitted, behaviour of contract is unknown.
- Soft wallet: Software wallets, connected to the internet.
- Hard wallet: Hardware wallets, seed generated offline, most secure.
- No one should ever ask for your seed phrase, passwords, private keys. If someone does, it’s a scam.
- Discord and Telegram is full of bots and scammers, you didn’t win a random giveaway of 10ETH or BTC…
- Trading NFTs with someone is risky, please do your research and find a platform that is known and used for this purpose.
- Never send your NFTs to someone and expect something in return.
- Sharing your screen can be fun, but keep in mind that you might have sensitive information that should NOT be shared
- Beware of different attacks such as reverse proxy phishing, cryptojacking, dusting, clipping, etc…
- ENABLE 2FA using something like Authy or Google Authenticator. It’s more secure than SMS.
- Get a hardwallet such as Ledger or Trezor
- Bookmark links to avoid typos and scams
- Don’t blindly approve everything that pops up on Metamask, read the contracts, know what you are getting into.
- Ask for help when in doubt – we don’t have a secondary support Discord server those are scams!